One Day Essentials:
Neurology, Friday 17th March 2017
This one day conference
developed by thre P-CNS but
being run by the RCGP, provides expert specialist clinical training and essential information on Neurology for GPs and their practice colleagues. This event will be chaired by
P-CNS Chairman, Dr Nassif Mansour.
The ODE will be a mix of plenary lectures and workshop sessions
covering the following topics
- Update on Dementia
- Chronic neurological problems
- Parkinson's - making the diagnosis and how to manage latter stages (advanced patients)
- Transient loss of consciousness
- Identifying and managing MS Relapse
Register before the 27th January and 15%. Further details
and to book on the RCGP website from
Neurology in Primary Care -
Joint Study day with the RCGP SE and SW Thames
8th Dec 2016, Holiday Inn Hotel, Gatwick Airport
The programme included:
- Parkinson’s - Focus on the non motor symptoms
- Neurological examination in General Practice
- Mild Cognitive Impairment and dementia
- Epilepsy - Frequently asked questions
To view the slides from the study day
Neurology Red Flags:
What to do next? Wed 8th June 2016, BMA House,
This half day Primary Care Neurology Society workshop
has been developed in response to a number of
requested received in the feedback after the
last two P-CNS Neurology Study Days with the
RCGP. We atre delighted that consultant neurologists Dr Martin Turner
has agreed to lead this workshop.
If you would like us to arrange this workshop
in your area please email firstname.lastname@example.org/p>
Neurology in Primary Care - Joint Study day with the RCGP
SE and SW Thames Faculties,
Thurs 2nd July 2015, Holiday Inn Hotel, Gatwick Airport
The programme included:
- Neurology red flags in General Practice
- Parkinson’s in General Practice—an essential up-date
- Balance and mobility problems—does it warrant an early referral?
- Deciphering Seizures— a primary care guide
- When is a headache more than just a headache?
To download and view the slides from this
meeting please login and go to the resources
section of the website
Pain Education Surgery for General Practice
The Pain Education Surgery is a new initiative from the Primary Care Neurology Society, providing a highly interactive and practical approach to GP education. The focus of the first Surgery offered an opportunity to hear and learn from leading specialists who have expertise in three key areas:
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- General Pain
Look out for the next education surgery.
Presentations from all previous P-CNS
are available from here>
You will need to be a member to view conference presentations. If you do not have a login, please take a moment to register with P-CNS here.
As a member of P-CNS you will be notified of any forthcoming events and news.
Alternatively please check the homepage for updates.